The North American Futsal Federation, serves as the official confederation for North, South, Central America and the Caribbean Islands for all aspects of the game of futsal.
The North American Futsal Federation will keep its globally recognized brand to serve on the global market as the professional mark of the North American Futsal Federation.
Our mission is to foster the original game of futsal founded in 1930, and to continue it dominance as the premier style unblemished and unchanged for more than 87 years.
To give futsal a real chance to progress in this country free from politics. The North American Futsal Federation is committed to the growth and development in all areas, by providing cutting edge programming that will launch futsal into the future with a solid foundation and credence that futsal deserves. The North American Futsal Federation is paving the road for real change through statutory reforms and amendments of the North American Futsal Federation Constitutions and By-Laws.
So no matter your affiliation the North American Futsal Federation has you covered with real meaningful programming that can help you foster real growth. Our goal it to help you succeed.
The Purpose of the North American Futsal Federation:
to promote futsal in the United States and North America, including national and international games and tournaments, futsal for women, men, and youth;
to govern, coordinate, and administer the sport of futsal in the United States and North America;
to provide for the continuing development of futsal players, coaches, referees and administrators;
to provide for state, national, and international cup competitions; and
to provide for the prompt and equitable resolution of grievances.
How the North American Futsal Federation Works
We will play a fundamental role in society and therefore adherence to good governance principles is fundamental for the fulfillment of our statutory objectives and social mission. As futsal’s governing body in North America, the North American Futsal Federation is firmly committed to the principles of good governance, transparency and zero tolerance towards discriminatory wrong doing.
NAFF’s five main futsal development programmers comprise:
1. Consultancy Member associations interested in officially launching futsal within their territory or in reviewing their current activities can apply for different types of consultancy support. An expert visit may be arranged for an assessment of the current situation and to help, where necessary, with the creation of the association’s four-year futsal development plan. In addition to expertise, member associations can also benefit from sports equipment (futsal balls) and teaching material.
2. Education North American Futsal Federation’s education courses for futsal coaches and referees aim at supporting and complementing the initiatives of confederations and member associations. The courses usually last five days and include both theoretical and practical sessions. North American Futsal Federation appoints an instructor to conduct the course and to help develop an education strategy for the member association.
3. Grassroots Boys and girls aged 6-12 are the focus of the North American Futsal Federation Grassroots Programs, which encourages kids to play futsal through school, community and club initiatives. Considering the popularity of futsal and the increasing demand among its member associations, North American Futsal Federation now offers grassroots programs with a focus on the characteristics of futsal through the Junior Futsal Association. Typically, a North American Futsal Federation Grassroots project is composed of a training program for male and female coach-educators and a festival for boys and girls. The training, led by experienced North American Futsal Federation instructors, aims to introduce coach-educators to the methodology of teaching young people and provide them with basic knowledge on the characteristics and benefits of futsal. The festival should offer an opportunity for as many children as possible to discover and enjoy futsal through fun practice sessions and small games.
4. Competitions The development of futsal competitions and leagues for both men and women around the world is still in its formative stage, and North American Futsal Federation recognizes the challenges that this creates for the further development of the game. To increase the number of domestic futsal leagues at various levels, North American Futsal Federation offers expert and tailor-made assistance on how to structure and format competitions. Through the current Professional and Amateur features sponsored by Major League Futsal USA, to our youth based High Performance, to regional play.
5. North American Futsal Federation Legacy The Futsal World Cups are a valuable opportunity to plant the seeds of futsal development in the host country. The North American Futsal Federation legacy program may feature a vast array of different projects (Jr’s, Youth, Amateur, Pro, Domestic, International), which should be discussed and developed in close cooperation between the host association’s leadership and league officials. Each member association shall appoint a person to be responsible for the North American Futsal Federation legacy program and to work in tandem with the relevant North American Futsal Federation counterpart.